Aufnahmeprüfung is an entrance exam to get admission to Studienkolleg in a university. Applicants who wish to attend the Studienkolleg must prove in an entrance examination that their German language skills are sufficient, that they can successfully participate in the Studienkolleg class, and that they have sufficient basic knowledge of mathematics. The entrance exam for the summer semester takes place in February or March. The entrance exam for the winter semester takes place in July or August. It can be repeated twice (however it can vary for all studienkollegs).
What you need to prepare
You will receive around 9 or 10 mathematical questions. Though, every University has its own set of topics for the Maths test, but here are some topics which cover the Math Test in most of the Universities.
Syllabus For Maths Test :-
- Basic Algebra
- Terms and their transformations
- Binomial formulas
- Computing with exponents and powers
- Polynomial Division
- Linear systems of equations
- Root equations
- Exponential equations
- Linear Functions and their presentation in the coordinate system
- Angle, interior angle
- Trigonometry, Pythagorean theorem
- Equations with trigonometric functions
- Recognition of function graphs (linear, quadratic, polynomial, power, exponential
- Foundations of geometry (eg. simple area and volume calculations, Pythagoras theorem, intercept theorems)
- Area contents of plane figures, surface contents of simple bodies
- Conversion of mass and volume for homogeneous bodies using density
- Basic arithmetic operation with integers numbers and fractions
Note: Calculator or other such devices are not allowed in the examination
Duration: Usually 45 minutes
If you are applying for any of these: G-Kurs or W-Kurs, in Studienkolleg, then you will have to appear these Tests in your Aufnahmeprüfung:
- German Test (see German Test tab)
- Chart Evaluation: There will be a number of statements relating to one or more charts and you will have to judge if these statements are right or wrong or do not apply to the chart (duration: 30 min).
Duration: The complete test will take about 90 min (including breaks). This test can be repeated once only.
If you are applying for any of these : T-Kurs, M-Kurs or W-Kurs, in Studienkolleg, then you will have to appear these Tests in your Aufnahmeprüfung:
- You will receive three short factual texts on different topics, which will contain 75 incomplete words, which have to be completed. It is recommended that you do B2, in order to increase your chances to pass your German test in the first go.
Duration: 30 to 60 minutes
In the German test, there are generally two kinds of questions:
- C Test: In C-Test, there is an article with some incomplete words. You have to read the article and have to complete the words.
For Example : Question: Ich wo___ in Berlin und le___ Deutsch. Solution: Ich wohne in Berlin und lerne Deutsch.
- Lückentest: In Lückentest, there is an article with some blanks. You have to read the article and write a suitable word in the blanks.
For Example : Question: Ich _____ in Berlin und _____ Deutsch. Solution: Ich wohne in Berlin und lerne Deutsch.